1. Information we may collect
When you become a subscriber (“learner”) on our site, as part of the process, we collect the personal information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, place an order on our website,, and when you report a problem with our website.
The information you give us may include is not limited to:
- e-mail address
- phone number
- financial and credit card information
- personal description
- academic information
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
- your login information,
- browser type and version,
- time zone setting,
- browser plug-in types and versions,
- operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times,
- download errors,
- length of visits to certain pages,
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- methods used to browse away from the page
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Please also see the section about cookies.
2. Uses for your information
We will use your information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- where needed to act in accordance with our rights under any contracts entered between you and us
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about our site and related products or services, or other updates.
- inform you about changes to our site, survey you about your usage, or collect your opinion.
- to notify you about changes to our site, products or services
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may also use your information:
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
We may also use your information:
- to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data.
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our website, products or services; to improve our website, products or services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our website, products or services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent
When you provide us with personal information to become a learner on our site or make a purchase, you imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it.
3. Withdrawal of consent
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions of Website.
We may also have to disclose information to third parties (see question 6 below)
Our site is hosted by WordPress.com (“Wordpress”). They provide us with the online platform that allow us to create our website and sell our product/services to you.
They may also collect personal information (in some cases in a manner where we have no control over) when you visit our website.
6. Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our course site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into the BUSINESS NAME website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
9. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
10. Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You may also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If our site is acquired or merged with another entity, company, or organisation, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
12. Applicable law
These Website Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
a) Any dispute to be resolved by arbitration
To the extent permitted by the applicable law, any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to the Website Terms and Conditions, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules in force when the Notice of Arbitration is submitted, as modified by the HKIAC Procedures for the Administration of Arbitration under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
The law of this arbitration clause shall be Hong Kong law
The place of arbitration shall be Hong Kong
The number of arbitrators shall be three. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
b) Where arbitration not permitted by the applicable law, courts of Hong Kong to have exclusive jurisdiction
You irrevocably agree that the courts of Hong Kong shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to this Website Terms and Conditions, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it, and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com